Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy 40th Birthday Cell Phones!

Can you believe that?
The first cell phone call was actually made 40 years ago (April 3rd 1973).

When were you introduced to cell phones?
I remember I bought my first cell phone on April 2001,
That's 12 years ago. I remember it was a dark blue Siemens A35 model (Siemens Cell phones division is closed now).

Ever since then I could not live without  a cell phone, in fact, there was a time when I carried a bunch of them around!

I remember how expensive cell phones, and SIM cards were at the beginning of their introduction.
Look how cheap, and spread they are.

Such technologies sometimes makes you ask, how did we live before Cell phones and the internet??

If you would like to read more about the anniversary, check out Mashable's article here.

Let's hear your thoughts.


The man in the picture is Mary Cooper, the Motorolla employee who made the first Cell phone call back then.
(I got this pic from Mashable).

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I came through this article about 12 Cell phones that changed our world:

    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/04/influential-cellphones/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Top+Stories%29

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

A Brighter Future for the Web!

Wanna know what this is all about? Well it's about the new Firefox OS (operating system) for mobiles! Mozilla is introducing it thi...